1. Click on the area in the Course Menu where you would like your test to appear to students.
2. Under Assessments, select Test.
3. In the Add an Existing Test box, click on the name of the test.
4. Click Submit
5. Enter Test Information.
5.1. Enter the name of the test.
5.2. Enter the description for the test.
6. Next to Open Test in a New Window, click the Yes button.
7. In the Test Availability section, choose the Yes button next to Make the Link Available.
8. If there is a time limit on the test, click the box next to Set Timer section and select the amount of time students will have to complete the quiz.
9. Click Auto Submit OFF if you want students to be able to continue taking the test AFTER the time has expired. The instructor will receive an indicated that the student submitted past the allotted time. Click Auto Submit ON if you do NOT want students to continue working on the test after the time has expired.
10. Click the box next to Display After and enter the date and time that the test will be available to students.
11. Click the box next to Display Until and enter the date and time after which the test will no longer be available to students.
12. Test Exceptions allow you to make adjustments to the availability settings for one or more users or groups. This feature can be used to address: approved accommodations such as extended time; students who may need to take an exam at an alternate date and time from the rest of the class; or students who may need to re-take an exam due to technical issues. See next section for details.
13. If you aren't using availability dates, you may want to use a Due Date and time. Tests submitted after this date and time will be marked as Late. You can also limit students from taking the test after the due date and time but please note that this option will override exceptions.
14. If your test is open for an extended period of time, you will want to delay or clear out the feedback. Select "When" to display the feedback and select the specific feedback students can view upon completion. By default, an overall score is visible to students upon completion unless you've chosen to hide it in the Grade Center.