How to Enter a Collaborate Ultra Session
For the best experience use the Google Chrome or Firefox (versions 49+) browser.
1. In your course, click on Tools in the course menu.
2. From the Tools page, Click on Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
You can also access Collaborate Ultra directly from Course Tools in the Control Panel.
3. Next, click Join Room or Create Session.
The Join Room option is an open Collaborate session dedicated to your course. It provides you and your students a convenient launch point for classes or impromptu meetings.
There are a number of reasons you may want to create scheduled sessions when you have a course room.
Two examples are:
- Supervised sessions: When the course room is unlocked anyone can join the session at any time. Instructors don't have to be present for students to join the session. If you don't want students to join a session unsupervised, lock the course room and create scheduled sessions.
- Multiple Sessions at Once: If you want to run multiple sessions at the same time for students to use as virtual study room, for example, you can create multiple sessions for the different groups to join.
To get started, click Create Session.
After clicking Create Session, insert the name and availability dates for the session. You can choose to keep a session open or repeat with the No End and Repeat Session options. You can also select the entry time for the students.
Additionally, you can open Session Settings and enable the options for downloading recordings, sharing profile pictures, using chat, and using phone for session audio. Click Save when finished.
Click on the newly created session to enter the Collaborate Ultra room.